Step by Step Tutorial Firmware Upgrade
Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920T) to MetroPCS Firmware
Disclaimer: UnlockScout is not responsible if users break / brick or damage their phone while trying to use this method. You must not use this firmware for any other Android Cell Phone other than the Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920T) from T-Mobile USA. Do so at your own risk. If you’re not sure what you are doing, please seek assistance at a local cell phone service center in your area.
Step 1 (Preparation):
- Galaxy S6: Download the Special MetroPCS Firmware for Samsung SM-G920T.
- Download ODIN v3.10.0 Service Software using this link (NEW: Odin v3.10.5 or Odin v3.10.6)
- Make sure your phone battery is charged more than 60%.
- Enable USB Debugging, by open Settings > Developers Option > USB Debugging
If Developers Option is hidden, go to Settings > About Phone > Built Number (tap on it for 5-8 times)
- Make sure you install the Samsung Galaxy S6 USB drivers on your PC, if you haven’t already.
Step 2 (Update Firmware):
- Run Odin3 v3.10.0 as administrator (Right-Click: Run as Administrator).
- Switch OFF your Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Boot in download mode, by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power Key simultaneously.
- When you see the screen below:Tap Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 to your PC with the USB cable.
Odin will automatically detect your phone and show the “Added!” message.
- In the Odin, click on AP or PDA and then choose :- For Galaxy S6 (SM-G920T) :G920T1UVU1AOCH_G920T1TMB1AOCH_TMB_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- Ensure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are selected selected in Odin
while the Re-Partition option is unchecked (this is very important).
- Click Start in Odin and wait for the software to update your phone.
- Once the root installation is done, your phone will reboot
and soon a PASS message with a green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin.
- You can close Odin after device turns on.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S6 is now fully updated with MetroPCS Firmware!
AFTER FLASHING A SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 FROM T-MOBILE WITH THIS FIRMWARE THE PHONE WILL FINALLY ASK FOR A NETWORK CODE WHEN YOU PUT A NON APPROVED CARRIER’S SIM CARD ON THE PHONE.
AFTER YOU HAVE UNLOCKED YOUR PHONE YOU CAN STILL FLASH A T-MOBILE FIRMWARE BACK TO THE DEVICE SO THAT IT GOES BACK TO ORIGINAL STOCK AND SO DOES NOT LOSE WARRANTY. BUT THE PHONE WILL RELOCK AS SOON AS YOU FLASH IT BACK WITH T-MOBILE FIRMWARE.
Troubleshooting : I am stuck on the SAMSUNG BOOT LOGO! What do I do?
First, do not worry, your phone is not broken. Simply follow the instructions below:
a. Wait at least 5 minutes to make sure you are stuck on the logo screen
b. Pull the battery out and wait 30 seconds, then put the battery back in
c. Turn the phone on by: HOLDING VOLUME UP + HOME + POWER you will soon see the RECOVERY page
Tip: when the phone turns on let go of the power button ONLY, when you see the recovery let go of everything
d. Scroll down to WIPE factory user data reset and select it
when prompted scroll to YES and select it to do a factory wiping
e. Scroll down to WIPE CACHE PARTITION and select it,
when prompted scroll to YES and select it to do a wipe on cache
Tip: Use the volume rockers to navigate and the power button to Select your option
f. Reboot the phone, you should load properly now